Oct 2019 - Present | Singapore
Engineering lead in the Commerce Engineering Stores team, scaled Facebook’s e-commerce websites (Oculus and Portal) for worldwide adoption. Built React design systems and scalable web app architecture.
Nov 2017 - Sep 2019 | Menlo Park, CA
Jul 2016 - Aug 2017
Built an internal ride simulation service to improve developer efficiency and web platform automation tools to improve the CI workflow.
Jun 2015 - Jun 2016
Engineering lead for Grab for Work, an enterprise solution for simplifying business transportation.
May 2014 - Aug 2014 | Singapore
Game producer for team behind the creation of a Dynasty Warriors-like game for the iPad.
Aug 2012 - Jun 2013 | Mountain View, CA
Front end developer in the core team for the iOS mobile app and company's homepage. I was the sole person in-charge of maintaining, updating and improving the website built using Foundation 4, PHP and AngularJS. I also developed the site's plugins to maintain a responsive layout. Other responsibilities include developing in-house web tools to aid the product and engineering team in their daily workflow.
May 2012 - Jul 2012 | Singapore
Worked in a team of 5 to build a web-based content management system in Drupal 7 for Feiyue Family Services Centre. Developed a staff permissions system for the administrators to assign roles and permissions to the various users involved in the system.
Ex-lead engineer for Docusaurus v2, a static site generator used to power the documentation websites of many of Facebook’s Open Source Projects - React Native, Jest, Relay, Reason, etc.
Creator of Infima CSS framework, a tool for simplifying creation of content-driven websites with out-of-the-box dark mode support. Used by most Facebook’s Open Source websites.
Ex-lead developer and maintainer of NUSMods, a student-initiated open source web app that facilitates module and timetable planning for NUS students.
- 2010 - 2015
- B. Computing, Computer Science.
- First Class Honours - GPA: 4.65/5.00
- Focus area in Interactive Media
2012 - 2013
Took the classes CS109 Introduction to Probability for Computer Scientists, MS&E 178 Spirit of Entrepreneurship, MS&E 472 Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Seminar, MS&E 271 Global Entrepreneurial Marketing via the Stanford Center for Professional Development.
- AY2014/15 Sem 2: CP3101B Web Development and Applications | Tutor
- AY2014/15 Sem 2: CS3240 Interaction Design | Lab Tutor
- AY2014/15 Sem 2: CS3217 Software Engineering on Modern Application Platforms | Tutor
- AY2014/15 Sem 1: CS3216 Software Development on Evolving Platforms | Tutor
- AY2014/15 Sem 1: CS1010S Programming Methodology | Tutor
- AY2013/14 Sem 2: CS3217 Software Engineering on Modern Application Platforms | Tutor
- AY2013/14 Sem 1: CS1010S Programming Methodology | Head Tutor
- AY2011/12 Sem 1: CS1020E Data Structures and Algorithm I | Lab Tutor
- Grabathon 4.0, 2nd Place for Most Technologically Challenging, 2nd Place for Most Popular, 3rd Place for Most Hyper-Local Product
- Facebook x GIT SG Hack for a Cause 2016, Best All-Round Product
- Grabathon 3.0, 1st Place for Build Challenge
- Grabathon 2.0, Overall Champion
- NUSS Medal for Outstanding Achievement (Best Graduate Throughout Course of Study with Outstanding All-round Achievements)
- NUS School of Computing Term Project Showcase (6th STePS) , 3rd Prize for CS4344 Networked and Mobile Gaming
- NUS School of Computing Term Project Showcase (6th STePS) , Best Project Award among Selected Final Year Projects
- NUS School of Computing, Certificate of Distinction in Interactive Media
- NUS School of Computing, Valedictorian Finalist
- Hack&Roll 2015, Second Prize and People's Choice
- PA Tech Connects Competition 2014, 3rd Runner Up
- Hackatron Asia Singapore 2014, Champion
- NUS School of Computing Term Project Showcase (5th STePS) , 2nd Prize for CS3240 Interaction Design
- Smart Port Hackathon 2014, Third Prize and Best Use of Data
- Startup Asia Hackathon, HERE Maps API Prize
- NUS School of Computing Term Project Showcase (4th STePS) , Best Project Award for CP3101A Global Open Source Project
- NUS School of Computing Term Project Showcase (4th STePS) , Best Project Award for CS3218 Multimodal Processing in Mobile Platforms
- Facebook Singapore Hackathon, Third Place
- NUS School of Computing Term Project Showcase (3rd STePS) , Best Project Award for CS3216 Software Development on Evolving Platforms
- Apple WWDC 2013 Student Scholarship
- NUS Faculty of Engineering Design-Centric Programming T-shirt Design Competition , Winner
- Photo Hack Day 4, Crowd Favorite and Aviary API Prize
- Foursquare Hackathon 2013, Jury Prize and Game Prize
- IUMS 2017 Logo Design Competition, Runner-up
- AngelHack 2012, Gimbal API Award
- Health 2.0 Hackathon, 3rd Runner Up
- PayPal Hackathon, People's Choice Award
- NUS CS3217 Software Engineering on Modern Application Platforms, AY2011/12 Sem 2 , "Letter of Commendation" for excellent performance in the course
- NUSSU Student Life Tee Design Competition, Winner
- NUSSU Welfare Diary Design Competition, Winner
- NUS Faculty of Engineering Design-Centric Curriculum T-shirt Design Competition , Winner
- NUS Faculty of Engineering, Dean’s List
- NUS EG2604 Innovation Program AY2010/11 Sem 2 , Merit Award and Best Poster Design Award
- NUS-HTC Apprentice Challenge, Finalist
- NUS Kent Ridge Undergraduate Scholarship